I came across this interesting article by Cosmopolitan.com (Wed Mar 3, 2010)
How to Get inside a Guy’s Mind
It’s no secret that guys aren’t the best at articulating what they’re thinking. Combine that with the fact that they’d rather bend the truth a little than risk letting you down and you’re left with a baffling, cryptic code to decipher. We got guys to let us in on what some of their most said phrases really mean. Plus, find out the four things he’ll never open up about.
1. He Says: “We should hang out sometime.” He Means: “I’m afraid you’ll say ‘no’ if I ask you out.” Of course, actions speak louder than words. Find out if he’s hitting on you by decoding his body language.
2. He Says: “I’ll call you later.” He Means: “I may or may not call you at some point between now and three months from now.”
3. He Says: “My ex is crazy.” He Means: “I messed her up, and she got upset.” When you talk about your ex, here’s how to bend the truth so you don’t bruise his ego.
4. He Says: “That guy seems like a good friend of yours.” He Means: “Was there ever a thing between you?”
5. He Says: “It’s a long story.” He Means: “It’s a story that makes me look bad.”
6. He Says: “That’s a new look.” He Means: “You look weird.”
7. He Says: “Why are you being so emotional?” He Means: “Why are you acting like a psycho?”
8. He Says: “That’s not what I meant.” He Means: “That’s totally what I meant, but now that I see you’re mad, I wish I hadn’t said it out loud.”
9. He Says: “It’s fine.” He Means: “It’s not actually fine, but I’m in no mood to discuss it.”
10. He Says: “Can we talk about this later?” He Means: “I never want to talk about this again.”
And there you have it! But keep in mind this interesting talk versus walk fact: Women prefer to bond with their partner via conversation, while the majority of men would rather engage in activities together. So next time, when you feel the urge to bond over a deep discussion, try planning a fun activity together instead!