Some things you never knew… [actually, I never did either…]
By: Kathryn Eisman
A woman may give you her body and her heart, but there are parts that she’ll never give up – pieces woven into the very fiber of her being. Mysteries only hinted at in a passing sly smile, an inscrutable laugh.
These are the secrets of lovers past, hidden fantasies, and unshared longings. A woman’s deepest secrets that don’t — and never will — include you.
You’re about to sample this hidden knowledge. But like any man who seeks, you’d better be prepared for what you’re about to find.
1) My best friend knows everything. She knows all of your vitals — from the size of your bank account to the size of your other, um, holdings — and she knows how both compare with those of every other man I’ve ever dated. I have done a hand-comparison measurement so I can divulge size and girth with a high level of accuracy. When my friend smirks at you knowingly, you are not imagining it. She knows. So just know that she knows, and deal with it. (It’s not going to change.) Ask her about me, or chat with her about our relationship, at your own risk. She will tell me. Even — in fact, especially — if she promises not to. This is not always a bad thing (e.g., if you happen to be telling her how much you love me). But, in general, remember that she is my confidante first, and yours never.
2) Just looking at your hands can turn me on.
Penglipur Lara: Hehehe…major turn on 🙂
3) When you go away, even for a day, I sleep in your favorite old T-shirt because it smells like you.
Penglipur Lara: Yes, I would 🙂
4) I’ll never tell you exactly how many men I’ve slept with. No matter how sincere I appeared when I answered your question, chances are I wasn’t. As an unscientific guideline, when a woman says she’s slept with four men, the real number is actually closer to seven. Her fib is partly intentional (she doesn’t want to appear a floozy), but mostly it’s sexual amnesia. When a woman wants to pretend an encounter never occurred, she simply scraps the man from her official score sheet. Common excuses that lead to such an omission: The actual sex lasted only a few thrusts; or she was drunk or on the rebound.
Penglipur Lara: I may be celibate, but I like that term, “sexual amnesia” 🙂
5) I fantasized about being with you at least a dozen times before we actually first got naked.
Penglipur Lara: Hehehehe, guilty as charged!
6) I still think about my ex-boyfriends and compare them to you. Mostly you win. Sometimes not.
7) I have Googled your exes.
Penglipur Lara: Errrmm tempted but really, no time for such things.
8) When I’m falling in love with you, I completely lose my appetite.
9) My body really isn’t naturally this hairless and smooth all over. But I will never allow you to see any indication whatsoever of all the shaving, tweezing, waxing, exfoliating, and moisturizing that gets it this way.
10) I only appear to have it all together. My true organization (or lack thereof) is revealed in my closet, my makeup bag, my desk files.
11) I have discovered your porn stash and your frequently visited porn websites and think the things that turn you on are hilarious.
Penglipur Lara: Errrmm no time for such things.
13) When I say, “I’ll meet you in 15 minutes,” I mean I will leave in 15 minutes, and thus won’t actually arrive for at least 30 (but probably more like 40).
Penglipur Lara: I shall not argue with the two points above!
14) You’ve made me cry more times than you’ll ever know.
15) I obsess about when you’re going to call me again. The period of time between our first date and your “Thanks for a great night; when can I see you again?” always seems stretched into slow motion. So don’t worry about looking too eager. Call. Even if you only wait until noon the day after, it will feel like a lifetime to me. And don’t send me an e-mail unless you want me to put you in the figurative trash can along with your message.
Penglipur Lara: Uh-huh! Yep!…
16) I want you to talk a little dirty.
Penglipur Lara: Oh yes! Oh yes!
17) At the beginning of our relationship, I save all of your voice mails and listen to them (and make my friends listen, too), repeatedly.
Penglipur Lara: Err…nope. Storage problem.
18) I might wear granny underwear and purposely not shave my legs because I like you. As crazy as it sounds, the more I like you, the less likely I am to sleep with you on an early date, because I don’t want to sabotage having a “proper” relationship with you. So I just might purposely hunt out the ugliest underwear in my drawer and not shave my legs — all to prevent myself from getting naked with you too soon. Sometimes I might get a little tipsy or carried away, and this plan will backfire.
Penglipur Lara: Oh this is so true! No matter how badly I want to throw myself at him, I just wouldn’t if he’s something special.
19) I split the cost of my fashion purchases over two or more credit cards, so you don’t notice the gargantuan deficit.
Penglipur Lara: And only bring them out of the closet after a couple of months, in stages so you won’t notice either J
20) I’m constantly testing you.
21) I check out your butt every time you leave the room.
Penglipur Lara: Only if you have a nice sexy butt 🙂
Penglipur Lara: Yes, I totally agree – how would I know if he’s so into me if he doesn’t make it clearer? Communicate, communicate, communicate!
23) I love it when you get a little jealous. So if you ever see me flirting in front of you with the waiter, the bus driver, or another guy at a party, know I’m actually flirting with you — through him.
Penglipur Lara: Hehehe women really are complicated huh?
24) Even though I may complain that I don’t see you enough (or that you work too hard), I find nothing sexier than watching you put on a suit in the morning and rush off to work.
Penglipur Lara: This is something men won’t understand.
Penglipur Lara:This is Cardinal Rule #1
29) When we do break up, I put all photographs of you and mementos of our relationship in a shoe box and store it in my closet. Just in case I get nostalgic. Just in case you come back.
Penglipur Lara: Darn, I should be clearing up pictures of The Ex-Hubby by now, but the wedding pictures look nice though.
30) I want you to take control in bed. Yes, I have a successful career, I’m financially independent, I live on my own, and I don’t need a man to make me happy (in theory). I still want you to pick me up, carry me to the bedroom, and take without asking.
Penglipur Lara: I totally agree!